Saturday, February 28, 2009

Food Tripping In Boracay

Aside from basking in the sun and enjoying the white sand beach of Boracay, food tripping has always been my past time whenever I go here. Here's what I've tried so far:












Gasthof


Thought I should try this since it's popular in most reviews. Gasthof's frozen iced tea (Php90) is refreshingly good. Although an odd combination, the baby back ribs (Php550) and grilled eggplant salad with shrimp paste (Php60) went well together.


 Jonah's Fruit Shakes

I wouldn't miss having one of  Jonah's Fruit Shakes. My personal favorite is their melon milk shake (Php70-80).

melon milk and choco banana shakes
D' Talipapa's Plato D' Boracay Resto

So much for the D's, the best place to shop for fresh seafood is at D' Talipapa and have it cooked by paluto restaurants such as Plato D' Boracay Resto. Their cooking service is Php100 for half kilo and Php150 for 1 kilo. Here's what I bought and had it cooked:
  • 1/2 kilo buttered shrimps Php300
  • 1/2 kilo mussels soup Php80
  • 1/2 kilo grilled mussels Php80
  • 3 pieces grilled eggplant Php37
  • coke zero Php70
  • rice Php10
The Lonely Planet Coffee


For your coffee fix, try out The Lonely Planet Coffee. It's relatively affordable and worth the price.

Big Mouth

Other than their famous halo-halo and their yummy ube shake, Big Mouth's All-Day Big Breakfast (Php165) is also worth a try.


Cyma Greek Taverna


I was looking for a semi-fine dining restaurant one evening and decided to try Cyma's Greek food.
I ordered lamb chops (Php400+) and chicken wrap (Php200+) but the taste didn't register at all. =(


Boracay Regency Breakfast Buffet

If you're a morning person or you're planning to have a hefty brunch, drop by Boracay Regency and enjoy their breakfast buffet for less than Php400 per head. There are a lot of food choices and the food is well-prepared.

finished these and went on to my 3rd and 4th plate
There are still a lot of restaurants to explore in Boracay and I can't wait to try it out on my 3rd visit!

By the way, I failed to include my accommodation review. This time I tried Namaste Guesthouse for only Php2,000 per night.

view of the front porch; relatively secure but I feel paranoid since there were a lot of people passing thru this aisle; the advantage though is it's near D'Mall and a convenience store
1 double bed and 1 single bed
a kitchenette with dining area and fridge
and yes, they do have a bath tub

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...